Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My name is Steve and I'm new to the group. I have a question-I have a 1999 Deville and have zero display on the digital dash cluster? I know it's not a fuse. So I bought a new
Digital Display, but I doesn't look to easy to install; plus I have read the folks that have replaced them encountered other issues, like the car will not start, etc.
I would really appreciate any advice anyone has. Thanks.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Is the entire display out? IPC can be fixed otherwise new has to be programmed with a tech 2 to match your car or car will not start.
To remove IPC the dash pad has to come out about 7 screws(vents have to come out first). Then IPC has 4 screws.
Do a search for IPC repair and the names of place used will come up and they have quick turn around.

·
Registered
1999 Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you turn the key to start it, the initial warning lights come on at the top, but that's all. Nothing else. Heater controls work, but the information display at the left doesn't work correctly either.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
I do believe you can swap just the actual display and keep the chip with your info. The mileage panel on left is seperate IIRC and may have a separate issue. Search either here or google with cadillacforums included and bet something pops on swapping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts