Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 Sedan Deville 50th Anniversary Edition.
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with securing the inner driveshaft boot onto an axle. The boot should secure to the shaft onto a rubber moulding but just won’t stay there. Had local workshop try but it’s come off again.
Would I just be best to renew the shafts from Rock Auto

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
With grease on them it's likely to separate again once you touch it. Try at least wiping down the clamping surface as best as you can. Sometimes raising the control arms help with pushing them to the spot. Temporarily use hose/band clamps or zip ties if it just falls out of the tripod housing, and remove them when you're done with the rest of the assembly.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for your advice. I like the Anniversary Edition

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With grease on them it's likely to separate again once you touch it. Try at least wiping down the clamping surface as best as you can. Sometimes raising the control arms help with pushing them to the spot. Temporarily use hose/band clamps or zip ties if it just falls out of the tripod housing, and remove them when you're done with the rest of the assembly.
Many thanks. I did as you advised and cleaned all grease, positioned band on boot and then slide over tripod housing, then tightened and all is fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts