Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Escalade, 2012 CTS-V
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is a thread I'm starting mainly for my use, and people can comment as they wish.

I bought a 1999 Cadillac Escalade with 100,000 miles a month ago for 2900, the drive-train and engine were SOUND! Literally sounds like a brand new engine. However the interior had bleach stains in the cargo area, stains under the seats, CD changer was broke and audio system didn't work.

So I decided I want my Escalade to match my beautiful 07 CTS-V, and be triple black. So I made a video (shoddy though) on how to remove all of the interior, and I will be painting all of the trim, and dying all of the leather. I bought new carpet with MASS backing to match. There is another guy (the only other one i could find) on therangerstation(dt)com and i don't like what he did, he "bed-lined" the cargo area. Pretty much took the cheap way out. So I want mine to look fresh and clean.

Some issues:
Old owner cut all wires to Bose amp (which was missing) and wired in (shitty mind you) his own to go to amps in the rear, which he had removed before selling but never disconnected the power. The power which he had WIRED to the ECM's power source, now how thick can you get? I'm surprised it didn't short it out.

Some cracks on the trim, so may have to repair/replace.

Door actuators are going out.

So much "custom" wires, this vehicle will need an interior electrical overhaul.

What I plan to do:
Dye all leather black
Paint all plastic trim black with UV coat
Dye headliner and door trim/fabric black.
Get rid of that disgusting wood grain and maybe make custom carbon fiber, or just some red overlays.*
Refurb arm rest and head rest with Cadillac Symbol*
Install proper audio system using conduit running under carpet, with dual batteries diode isolated, running to JL HD's or equivalent.*
*-may come later due to cost.

I have attached some pics of what it looked like ***before/currently, this is a working thread, so it will be completed over time.

img_20150526_162236.jpg img_20150526_162238.jpg img_20150526_162240.jpg img_20150526_162242.jpg img_20150526_162244.jpg img_20150526_162246.jpg img_20150526_162248.jpg

----------

This space reserved

----------

·
Registered
86 Bronco, 74 Ford LTD,1999 Deville, 1977 Coupe Deville
305 Posts
You have my total respect! I'm slowly doing this to my 85 Bronco & even without any leather it's a huge undertaking for one person.
For me the dash is the biggest headache.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Same here
I am doing a 79 Chrysler Córdoba and the carpet looked great till you lifted the floor mats(which are not the same color as the carpet)
There was torn and burn places in the carpet(who knows what happened in the car before I got it)
I feel for you and you have my full respect as it is a time consuming job restoring a vehicle to look great
I am also repainting it back to factory color

The radio the previous owner was(well to put it lightly) crap and was half done(seriously no fuses at all on the radio)

Pics of the work will be worth sharing for sure good luck

----------

Also you can upload the pics to photobucket and paste the links in your posts on here
Way easier then attempting to resize them to work with the forum's limits

·
Registered
2010 Escalade, 2012 CTS-V
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually for the dash, just so i dont have to remove it, i may do a sponge paint application. Which im still deciding on since i want to do some wire work behind there.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
bailors said:
Yeah and now I'm debating on running a viper system while I'm doing everything else hah, since when I bought it it never came with a FOB

I don't know if you can still get replacement fobs for the factory keyless entry system or not

Heck I would just get the aftermarket alarm if I was going to do this much work(I have a alarm for my car just need to install it when I get the rest of the work done to the car)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts