Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.. I am new here. I found this forum and looked through a bunch of pages and it seems that the knowledge of Cadillacs is pretty good so I thought I would ask a few questions..

First off I recently have purchased a 1999 Cadillac Eldorado with 52,600 miles on it. I am very pleased with the car and the great deal I had gotten on it.

I do have a few question that I hope can be answered here.

First I've had the car for about 3 and a half months now. About 2 months ago a problem started that when I make a right hand turn I am getting a ticking noise. Its like tick tick tick pretty loud. Quicker ticks as I go faster. Its only when I make a right hand turn. I cant pinpoint which side it is coming from but for sure it is in the front end. I think it is the driver side wheel but cannot say 100%.

Second, my car has the tape player in it (Ugh!!) I called Cadillac to see if I can get the CD player and basically just swap units (It has the trunk and fuel door buttons and button to go through the settings on the instrument panel on the top) The man told me the computer in my car would not support it and I cannot put the CD player unit from Cadillac into my car. Wanted to know if anyone ever had actually done this or if it really cannot be done. (The guy didnt even remember what the Eldorado looked like inside)

I would say that is all I have to ask for now and any input would be greatly appreciated. I absolutely love this car and will probably be on this forum quite often. Thanks in advance for any information you guys can give!

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac DeVille
279 Posts
As for your music situation I to have the tape player and what I do is run one of those tape to headphone jack cookies into an ipod or a CD walkman works great for me.

The cadillacs do not like aftermarket stereo head units you will end up having all kinds of electrical problems.

·
Registered
07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS
453 Posts
A trunk mounted 12 disc is available...mounting bosses are under the right side of the trunk carpet....pigtail connector is located in same area near the rear antenna assembly. It will have a jumper wire in it that must be removed. I think Pioneer changer is what you are looking for....got mine on EBAY when I trusted it. Plug and play. The dash unit recognizes it and all CD's are loaded face down in the magazine. To play #7 hold down #1 button longer until you hear a beep. #7 through #12 operate that way. A bracket must be purchased to hold the changer, but they are available. Newer high tech stuff is nothing but trouble according to most on this site. Check Audio section of this forum for the audiophiles.

Run a check if you have not already done so on the OBDII codes to pick up detailed trouble codes. Stickies on this forum will give you info on how to run em. The Ranger is the source on this site, too...Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well... I do nt know why this is... But I changed my front pads and rotors and the ticking went away on my vehicle. I also changed the starter... WOW!!! I cannot believe they put it there... I absolutely love this car..

Now the only thing left is I really want to get a cd player in there. Has anyone here actually changed over from the cassette version?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts