Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pretty sure I had a blown head gasket about 2 years ago. The car has driven for quite sometime with a suspected blown head gasket. There is white smoke out of the tail pipe and it does overheat if idling, and it loses coolant. finally now when i drive it the car will accelerate but it is very sluggish and i can floor it and hear the engine respond but it goes very slow. While i am driving at a constant speed the car is in a swaying motion and it is like it loses acceleration and then regains it and then loses it. (is this camel mode engaged?) I also stalled while getting off an off ramp.
Is this the beginning of the end for my poor car? It also has a bad AC compressor and apparently it is a bitch to change so i have to take it to a shop. Pleas advise and thank you!
George Stauch
Cadillac changed my life!

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,936 Posts
Sounds like you've nursed the HG about as far as you can. Decision time is near.

I doubt you where in camel mode. Camel mode runs on 4 cylinders so there would be no question about it.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
What's the condition of the rest of the car? The HG for me was $3100 at my dealer. If the car's worth it to you then have them fix/replace the AC compressor while its out of the car. They have to disconnect everything anyway so that $3100 included a AC "refill" anyway.

Is the car paid for? Do you want a car payment on a new car? $4000 for a 'new to you' used car is way cheaper than anything you'll find on a lot, plus you'll know its full history already.

·
Registered
1998 Deville
710 Posts
Let me know if you part it out. I need 1 wheel and that little red pullout switch on the steering column for the hazard lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts