Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS V6 RWD
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a '98 STS with all the options, including a car phone, and im wondering if it is voice activated? i.e. can I just say the numbers (like the onstar system in the the newer caddy's) or do I have to open the center console and manually type the numbers in the phone?

·
Registered
101 Posts
On the 99 you can say the numbers, but i took all the phone stuff out since it's analog and who uses that any more :>

Jmac572 said:
Im looking at a '98 STS with all the options, including a car phone, and im wondering if it is voice activated? i.e. can I just say the numbers (like the onstar system in the the newer caddy's) or do I have to open the center console and manually type the numbers in the phone?

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,084 Posts
Jmac572--Is it the OnStar phone in your car? Do you have the phone controls on the steering wheel? If you do, press the phone button for a few seconds and then the voice should come on and say "Ready." It is voice activated.

foo--OnStar works on an analog network. Even the brand new cars with OnStar utilize analog service. Analog service still has alot better coverage than digital service especially in rural areas.

Max

1 - 3 of 3 Posts