Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 seville STS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I have a 1998 STS and none of the windows will go up or down. I have tried another master window control on the drivers door but it didn't help, Does anyone have any other ideas or experience with this problem? also, now all of a sudden the drivers door wont open from the inside, it will open from the outside but no the inside does anyone have ay ideas about that? Is it electronic operated or manual with a cable? Thanks, in advance for any help on these two problems. Warren

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,313 Posts
Welcome :wave:

Start by pulling the DTC's. That may lead you to your problem.

The door handle problem sounds like the inside handle is disconnected. You'll need to pull the door panel to inspect it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
Did this happen while you had a low, disconnected or dead battery? My Chevy Colorado does the same thing. The best fix I've come up with for your first problem is to disconnect one of the battery cables and short them together for 30 minutes or so. Your second problem is probably related to your first problem.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,313 Posts
If you are going to short the cables together, you had better have them both disconnected and it will only take a second. 30 minutes won't accomplish any more than 30 seconds and 30 seconds won't accomplish anymore than 1 second.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
Remove the door panel. I think you'll find the 2 problems once removed. Rarely though, I've seen the wiring between the body and door break but that wouldn't account for the door handle.

·
Registered
1998 seville STS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have tried the unhooking the batery cables and connecting them together for 5 min thing. It didnt help the window problem at all. We inherited the car and had the window problem when we got it. The inside door handle just starting doing this a couple days ago. Is there any instructions on how to take the 1998 sts door panel off I can see?

·
Registered
1998 seville STS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Everyone, I thought I would let everyone know tat I found out about my sts problems. The door handle cable just came out of the holder somehow, was able to hook it back up and it seems to work well now. I was also able to fix the
windows not working up or down too. It turned out to be the drivers side door module. I bought another from Ebay and after installing it the windows all worked as they should. Thanks everyone for all their help on these things. Looks like my
problems are corrected, for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts