Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 cadillac SLS
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I change the headlight switch on my 98 STS,,Switch keeps acting up,,every time hit a bump or barely touch the switch,,it flickers the headlights,,,basically its worn out,,,no other issues with car @ 142000 miles,,no engine lights ,,no codes,,perfect running condition,,, ,,have not been on here in several months due to a liver transplant,,,thank you for any and all help

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
The headlight switch/fog light switch/dimmer slider assembly is very easily pried out. Use something that won't damage the vinyl on the dash. One connector in back, no special instructions.

My uncle donated half of his liver to my great uncle back around '99/'00. My great uncle was sore for months afterwards around the scar. Take it easy.

·
Registered
1998 cadillac SLS
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you,,I had TAINTED BLOOD TRANSFUSION while deployed in Srebrenica / Bosnia / Kosovo wars in 95,,after being wounded twice from Serbian rebel fighters,,,chest and ankle shot,,lucky I am alive today,,,Thank you for your kind words

·
Registered
1999 Seville STS
38 Posts
On my 1999 Seville, I popped off the side cover of the dash (where the round rubber door vent bushing is), reached behind the headlight switch and pushed it out. I believe there two tabs on each side of the switch. It was pretty hard to push out. I was nervous about prying it out and maybe the vinyl dash cracking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts