1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
HAD a miserable Catera and even worse 2003 STS
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX (sold), 96 Eldorado (sold), 99 DeVille (sold)
1,353 Posts
Must be someone who doesn't really want to sell it. Maybe his wife said "me or the car" and now he can say "see I tried".

·
Registered
HAD a miserable Catera and even worse 2003 STS
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yaemish said:
Must be someone who doesn't really want to sell it. Maybe his wife said "me or the car" and now he can say "see I tried".
Lol ;)

·
Registered
86 Bronco, 74 Ford LTD,1999 Deville, 1977 Coupe Deville
305 Posts
He's about $7,000.00 high
I was looking at a white 95 with 50,000 miles recently for $2,000.00
It had wide chrome rocker panels that really made it stand out. I don't know if they were aftermarket or what. Never seen another.
I WILL own one of these! I think they look mean. Would be even better if the Northstar was in the trunk though! Heh..Heh

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Yes the stainless rocker trim is aftermarket.

Eldo with a Northstar in the trunk? Ever hear of the TwinStar?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,813 Posts
This morning the exchange rate is 1 USD = 0.80 CDN, so that car is about $8,000 USD. https://www.google.com/search?q=canadian+dollar+exchange+rate&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Is there a Canadian equivalent to www.kbb.com ?

You can enter that particular car and its options and, with an objective assessment of condition, come up with a realistic price (private, retail or trade) for any relatively recent vehicle in just about any location/area.

No
Eldorado (ESC, ETC) on earth is worth $8000 USD - but some pristine examples of the 2002 last run "Collector's Edition" ECS (a special edition ETC)(? 1590 ? cars) sell for well over that figure.

ESC - Eldorado Sport Coupe - VIN Y, 3.11
ETC - Eldroado Touring Coupe - VIN 9, 3.71
ECS - Eldorado Collector's Special - VIN 9, 3.71 and other reserved distinctive options.

EDIT: In the U.S., Washington, DC (high dollar) market that base Eldorado would sell for $4800 US. ~$5500 CDN. A 2002 ECS in Excellent condition, 75,000 miles, would privately go for ~$10,000 US.

·
Registered
99 ETC
344 Posts
Why wouldn't a one owner car with say, 5, 10 or 15 thousand miles, unrestored not go for big money? You see cars like that all day long on Mecum Auctions, (not just Cadillac's) go for way over the original price. Just asking Sub, I know you're somewhat the resident Cadillac authority round here.

·
Administrator
69,813 Posts
I'm not a resident Cadillac authority - I own one and maintain it myself, study this website daily, work part-time at a Western Auto and so see a LOT of Cadillac warts. (I maintain our F-150 also)

One owner extremely low mileage old cars are the stuff that magazine articles are made of. Way out of the realm of the OP's question and beyond the means of 99% of the "I want a Cadillac" buyers in here. Few CF members would buy a pristine garage queen and drive it daily to work and back in rain, dirt, mud, snow, hurricanes.

·
Registered
99 ETC
344 Posts
I'm not a resident Cadillac authority - I own one and maintain it myself, study this website daily, work part-time at a Western Auto and so see a LOT of Cadillac warts. (I maintain our F-150 also)

One owner extremely low mileage old cars are the stuff that magazine articles are made of. Way out of the realm of the OP's question and beyond the means of 99% of the "I want a Cadillac" buyers in here. Few CF members would buy a pristine garage queen and drive it daily to work and back in rain, dirt, mud, snow, hurricanes.
Ok, no problem , I don't know how you took my comment, didn't mean anything by calling you a authority, but I was merely stating that you were quite informed about Caddys in general. But those extremely low mileage old cars do exist.

·
Administrator
69,813 Posts
No insult or jab seen or intended - read it as undeserved compliment, actually. I would consider a GOOD Cadillac dealership tech as an "authority". I'm a DIY wrencher that likes fooling around with stuff that goes "vroom, vroom !". Been doing it since about 1953 - cars - clocks and radios came earlier :rolleyes:.

Low mileage cars -

A woman in our club, Kent Island Cruisers, just bought a blue/white 1956 Ford Crown Victoria stick with 6,300 miles on it. Damn thing was a true barn find, out of the weather for 55 years. She's a real gearhead but is having a shop near Norfolk, VA do a frame-up resto. I'll guarantee that it will be a show car only.

Same vein, a gorgeous 2004 Jaguar XJ-8 in a metallic champagne mist, 22,000 miles, just sold near here. It's a (garaged) daily driver for a family with 2 small rug rats. The interior is a stunning buckskin-colored smooth leather - mint. Not for long.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts