Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1998 DeVille
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to reset the Check engine light from the Digital panel controls
on my 1998 DeVille? Went through the pull codes post, nothing I could find there.
Just had to disconnect battery cable to reset Blend door on my AC. Is there an easier way
to reset the codes? I know how to read them. There's a "PCM?" message at the end
of the code readout. Thought I read of a key sequence after that shows up. But, I
haven't been able to relocate the post and if I remember, it wasn't very specific?
Any ideas? :)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,529 Posts
Practice again. At the end of the alphabetic module readouts you should see a "Clear all codes ?" message. Answer YES or NO as appropriate.

??? The "How to pull codes" sticky on this Deville forum main page says it all.

·
Registered
1998 DeVille
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Practice again. At the end of the alphabetic module readouts you should see a "Clear all codes ?" message. Answer YES or NO as appropriate.

??? The "How to pull codes" sticky on this Deville forum main page says it all.
Submariner409: Amazing, I read further down this time than just going straight to the codes. For some reason I never made it
past looking at the codes. Somehow thinking it would explain. Knew I was going to get "Gibbs slapped!" but, I was tired of looking.
Thank you once again for your patience! Printing that sucker out! :yup:

·
Registered
97 ETC x2, 04 GXP, 04 STS x2, 97 ESC, 99 Deville, 05 SRX
2,603 Posts
Are any codes present sparkydm? I recall seeing an emissions code pop up, 174 I believe. But often bad HG's throw things out of whack.

·
Registered
1998 DeVille
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are any codes present sparkydm? I recall seeing an emissions code pop up, 174 I believe. But often bad HG's throw things out of whack.
Head gaskets were just done by Northstar Performance in Ontario. Chasing B1341, #2 Air Mix Door, and P0741, TCC?, something to do with an internal transmission
torque converter mot locking up properly? B1341 item not generally covered in this Forum but, came here for the Code Reset information. But the P0741 is part
of this forum. Just trying to stay ahead of this car. Chasing a potential vacuum leak now. Engine idling between 600 - 675 rpms while at a traffic light. Stumble upon
acceleration most of the time also. Will update after going through the hoses.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,289 Posts
Head gaskets were just done by Northstar Performance in Ontario. Chasing B1341, #2 Air Mix Door, and P0741, TCC?, something to do with an internal transmission
torque converter mot locking up properly? B1341 item not generally covered in this Forum but, came here for the Code Reset information. But the P0741 is part
of this forum. Just trying to stay ahead of this car. Chasing a potential vacuum leak now. Engine idling between 600 - 675 rpms while at a traffic light. Stumble upon
acceleration most of the time also. Will update after going through the hoses.
---------------------------------
Chasing B1341, #2 Air Mix Door,
the #2 mix door controls the passenger side cabin temperature -

P0741, TCC?, something to do with an internal transmission
this is caused by a worn seal - deep in the trans -

·
Registered
1998 DeVille
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered a new door. Water pump tensioner came in today so, I should get it installed, along with the thermostat, over the weekend.
Thank you for all of the information and assistance! Many on this Forum have made my DeVille ownership more enjoyable
and affordable! :)

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,289 Posts
Ordered a new door. Water pump tensioner came in today so, I should get it installed, along with the thermostat, over the weekend.
Thank you for all of the information and assistance! Many on this Forum have made my DeVille ownership more enjoyable
and affordable! :)
===========================
Ordered a new door.
cancel the order -

you probably need the actuator - not the door -

1 - 11 of 11 Posts