Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,798 Posts
You need time, patience, and ordinary hand tools plus maybe a universal socket attachment (swivel head). The car must be up on a lift. Remove the lower radiator splash shield - the plastic pop rivets have a center pin - lift that out and the rivet comes out. 13 of them, I think. The CKP electrical connectors have a safety lock which must be tripped before the main connector comes off. 10mm bolts. To make you job easier you'll want to remove the oil filter adapter - 2 bolts and 2 O-rings. Careful - use the proper bolt torque when re-installing the adapter. Strip a set of threads there and you're in big trouble.

There are two CKP's.

·
Administrator
72,798 Posts
is it anyway this could be done without a lift say jack stands and passenger wheel off? im on my own with this one
You can't get near the CKP's through a wheelwell. Jackstands are OK, but all the posted work is now done lying flat on your back - it's damn awkward.

·
Registered
1998 deville concour
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ex army mechanic....use to workinon my back with cheap ass handtools weather suppose to be nice this emtire week perfect timing

·
Administrator
72,798 Posts
ex army mechanic....use to workinon my back with cheap ass handtools weather suppose to be nice this emtire week perfect timing
Good for you - a graduate of the "Hack It And Pack It" school can do miracles. Look at Ranger - he can still check his own oil !!!:sneaky:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts