Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville Base & 2004 Deville Base
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my 98 Deville yesterday and smelled gas. I saw a leak coming from a plastic line under the hood. Rodent damage. Feels like stiff plastic unless it hardened. Can anyone ID the the line in the photo? What is the device its attached to? Fuel pressure regulator? Appears to connect to the hard fuel line next to the steel fuel lines coming from the tank. Assume the bad line is not available. I don't drive the car in the winter but it sites outside. Live in the country and take precautions as best as I can. Double up on that now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,714 Posts
There are metal splice kits to repair plastic fuel lines available at any FLAPS. I've only seen two sizes.
Off the top of my head I can't remember the sizes.
I DO remember that there are only two sizes used on these Cadillacs; big and small.
Your other option is the Men's Mall.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
The domed thingy is the FPR, and the line in question is the excess fuel return line to the tank. It's a hard nylon/plastic material. A LOT of fuel is bypassed to the tank as the pump runs full blast at all times. The FPR controls flow/bypass at the rail.

Not much room to work with, but it could be repaired with a sleeve of rubber fuel line over the chewed area, 2 band clamps - there's not much pressure on that return piping.

Note that the plastic line is heat-shrunk onto the rail/FPR base fitting.

·
Registered
1998 Deville Base & 2004 Deville Base
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much! It appeared to be the fuel return off the FPR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts