Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help.

I have a 1998 catera and the break lights arnt working. The blinkers L/R work, the hazards work... the (lower) red running lights work, but not the top lights- break light. Ive checked the bulbs L/R and theyre good.

Is there a switch/rely or fuse for sometime like this? I dont have a manual, and the schematic under the steering column... I just dont see which fuse it could be? please assist.

Sontov.:bouncy:

·
Registered
Cadillac
183 Posts
I can't wait for an inteligent responce to this one!

I also have a left rear blinker that after a trailer harness install (clip on wire that just reads the signal not cut in any way) it refuses to blink! Buld good fuse good relay somewhere?

We will see who can step up to this one..................................

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
The most likely culprit is the brake light switch at the pedal. Never had a problem with mine but i've read about it. There are 2 switches. One is brake, the other is cruise control. Search the forum for "brake switch". I'm sure you'll find some info.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Yeah brake switches fail on these a lot.
I think it is the one with the red plastic retainer.
Get a new one, compare it to the two you see and break the old one out, then new one just pops in and plugs in.
I say break it because it isn't worth the time to try to save the old one, just snap that thing off and get on with your life.
Thus making sure you get the correct one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts