Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
Re: 1998 cadillac deville

Can't help, but will edit your title to be a bit more descriptive.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
He had a thread running in the RWD forum as well. He's actually asking for someone to pay for the Carfax for him.....

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,458 Posts
He actually multi-posted in several forums - in direct violation of CF Rules - another Moderator caught him and he earned a warning infraction for it.

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac DHS; Galaxy Silver 252k
701 Posts
If you can afford car purchase, you can at least afford carfax as well. But this is waste of money. Mine showed 0 accidents but I know.. it had light minor one... Better give this money to mechanic to check engine bay for possible and future problems. It will save you much more money and time in future.
Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
1990 Fleetwood
106 Posts
How does carfax and the other reporting deals actually work? Unless every dealer/repair shop/body shop reported work they did, what good is it? seems like a useless service to me. You know the usual issues with the car. Get a responsible qualified tech to look it over. I have accidently double posted before. I put something on the rwd before I realized I was in the wrong place. I guess that isn't the case here though.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,458 Posts
CARFAX (and others) is a voluntary reporting service. Title transfers, dealer sales, emissions tests are usually filed. You will almost NEVER see "Honey, I really smashed the Deville fenders and BillyBob fixed it with some Bondo. Tell CARFAX, will you ?"

Up until a few years ago GM had a database labeled the "VIS" system. New name now, not sure what it is. It lists all GM work done on the car - warranty, recall, service. You MIGHT get lucky with talking to a dealership service writer on a quiet Tuesday or Wednesday early afternoon. Have your VIN ready.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts