Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1998 blower motor or programmer

659 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nem2647 
#1 ·
1998 Deville De' elegance 45456 miles. Blower motor stopped working. Checked for voltage at blower motor plug and have battery voltage on the passenger side terminal and a good solid ground on the drivers side terminal. There is 0 volts on the center terminal. Now from what I've been told the center terminal should have between 4 and 9 volts. Have also been told there is a programmer / controller that determines what the voltage to that center terminal should be. My problem is I can't find that programmer / controller anywhere on the car.
I have the blower motor out, both front and rear fuse "panels" exposed and checked every fuse, I have the glove box out, and literally every cover that can be removed has been removed. We can not find anything that looks like the programmer / controller shown in the parts catalogs. Can anyone help?

#3 ·
I agree with Ranger, just replace the whole blower with AC Delco (if its never been replaced it should blow harder as well, big plus in TX :). I seem to remember looking for a programmer as well, I don't remember for sure but I think I decided it was earlier models that had the programmer and not our 98's. Not sure if it is in the tech tiips or not but I found a tool that connects where the upper motor mount fits (dog bone) that would rock the motor forward a bit that seemed to make it easier for me.

#5 ·
I have a new blower motor coming. Thanks to all to answered. It's amazing; find the answer to the issues with my car and order the part to repair it without ever get ourt of this chair. What would I have done before the internet. No if I can only talk my son into doing the work....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.