Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Maciej and I'm from Warsaw, Poland. Some days ago I bought 1997 Seville STS as a "project" car - Cadillac is a very rare car make in Europe. My Seville has completly renewed motor, but it expect some electrical problems. Now I'm "fighting" with ABS/Traction Control. Fault codes are:

TCS C1242 - I know, I have to check ABS pump ground, but do do that I will have to remove engine air filter housing, I'll do it on Saturday.

TCS C1234 - rear left wheel ABS sensor - after cleaning the connector this code dissapeared, but a new code have showed up: it is TCS C1241. I know it is Variable Effort Steering code, and here is my question: where can I find any connectors/wiring to this system? There must be a sensor somewhere in the rack, and I read that it is conected to the steering column wiring. There was a second steering column in the trunk of my car, so previus owner probably replaced the whole column or just some parts. I put a photo of it, if this VES sensor is wired here, could you tell me which wire/connector is it?

Regards,
Maciej

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi, yesterday I found a time and repaired ABS unit ground. ABS and Traction Control lights are gone, as well as the TCS C1242 code. I’ve been also trying to find wiring to VES coil or steering wheel sensor, but I can’t find them under the dash. Can someone give me a piece od advice where to look for any connectors?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts