Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
00 Deville,97 Seville,87 Cimarron
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 1997 SLS with 107,000 miles. The head gasket issue occurred, so I had the heads and inserts repaired/replaced, but when the mechanic tried to start the car, the fuel pump wasn't working. He said he installed another fuel pump module (sending unit, pump, etc). I drove the car for a couple of months and it was fine. On 3 occasions, it has failed to start when I have left it parked for a few minutes. However, it would start after it sat for several hours. It would run fine, then a few days later, it would do the same thing. I've checked the connections, the relay and the fuse. Can someone just tell me how to wire power directly to the pump to see if it is working? I have looked online for a wiring diagram, but all I can locate is one for a DeVille or some other year. Mine does not have the access panel in the trunk for the fuel pump.

·
Registered
Two Black Beauties, 1994 and 1997 ETCs plus a 97 Seville
52 Posts
Re: 1997 Cadillac SLS/Seville Fuel Pump wiring harness

Hi friend, I have a '97 ETC and recently had similar issues. I spent HOURS trouble shooting, reading schematics and trying various procedures, all to no avail. Here's what I did yesterday and it started right up. I removed the plastic cover from the fuse panel under the hood then key off, removed the AC relay from the lower sub-block as it is in the way for the next step. Pull the fuel pump relay out part way, enough to be able to attach a small alligator clip to the prongs. Now look at the back (prong side) of the AC relay (same relay as the fuel pump relay) you removed, note that each of the 4 prongs are numbered 1 thru 5 ( no. 4 is not used). Key off, use a jumper wire and clip one end to prong #1, the other end to prong #5. My car started right up. After a test drive and engine was warmed up, I turned the key off and removed the jumper wire. Engine re-started without issues. Key off, re-insert AC relay and remove the codes at the DTC. Go to Youtube to see how, not difficult at all. If engine fails to start keep in touch... Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts