Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a one-time owner of a 1997 ETC. I've loved this car. However, after it ran out of warranty, I've had a bunch of problems. I've posted several.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Welcome!! And thanks for signing up.......

Isnt it ironic how so many problems can occur right after the warranty expires.......

Have you thought about an extended warranty???

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome. Sure is a sad and costly when the warranty runs out. Maybe you can talk to the dealership manager and work something out. Sometimes they will lessen the cost. I have talked with them before and they would agree to do the job for less. Remember to be nice! :D I always think like this, they didn't make the vehicle.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Welcome aboard, Loisalynn! And thanks for signing up.. I had the same problem with my '95 ETC. 10,000 miles after the 100,000 mile warranty ran out - it costed me $650.00 per month (as an average) for my last 6 months of ownership.. "Yikes".

·
Registered
857 Posts
elwesso said:
Welcome!! And thanks for signing up.......

Isnt it ironic how so many problems can occur right after the warranty expires.......

Have you thought about an extended warranty???
How true is that?
Welcome to the Caddy Forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
630 Posts
W E L C O M E
Sounds like an epidemic to me, don't feel bad Your not alone > Cadillacs are not all Created Equal, some just turn out to be genuine Lemons.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Part of it is maintenance, the rest is getting a good one....

All about the luck of the draw!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sal Collaziano said:
Welcome aboard, Loisalynn! And thanks for signing up.. I had the same problem with my '95 ETC. 10,000 miles after the 100,000 mile warranty ran out - it costed me $650.00 per month (as an average) for my last 6 months of ownership.. "Yikes".

Sal,I had a '94 ETC...it was wonderful, but apparently in '97 they slightly changed the engine. It is on the Cadillac site. Something happened, and what they are telling me is I can sell my beloved car for scrap metal.

I find that very unacceptable, especially from Cadillac. Who touted their engine as one that could run hot for so long without destroying the engine because the valves would automatically shut down. I pulled off the road immediately (I've always obeyed the commands on my dash)
and shut the A/C down.
So, I didn't do any damage to the car, but now Cadillac is telling me I drove it hot.....I did not.

I loved that car and would never have hurt it. I'm disappointed in Cadillac's response to this problem. (NONE)

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Are you going to replace the engine? If so, you could probably get a good deal on eBay or a junk yard. There are so many Northstar Cadillacs that you're bound to find one without spending too much money...

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
But finding a take out engine in good condition could be difficult...... Not to discourage you, but there is a reason why most dealers opt to replace the engine rather than repairing it......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
elwesso