Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It would leak from the belt side because of the o ring. That oring should be a bitch to put on. I had to stretch mine to get it onto it's mount. Be sure to take some sandpaper to the oring groove, to make sure it's smooth to press in.
What about if the O ring felt a lil lose or big should I buy another one or is their times that it comes a lil big? Will sanding it make the trick it just feels is to big and no need to stretch like every one mentioned?

·
Registered
1998 DeVille
74 Posts
Is it the original oring? Replace it if so. Can't hurt to replace it if it came with the new pump, either. Loose is no good for a gasket

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,076 Posts
Yeah, that O ring groove looks like it needs a good cleaning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I will be buying a new gasket and cleaning the the area really good Thank You guys I will be updating

·
Registered
2010 dts
12 Posts
Just an observation, why would you use a torque wrench to loosen a bolt -- unless you were checking the torque on a fastener you just installed. Also, when done with the wrench loosen the pressure on it, set the torque below lowest value. Second thing, when you spent all this time and trouble to remove a component don't you think it is worth the several extra time to ensure that the sealing area is clean and not damaged and the extra few dollars to replace the old seal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hey their guys update ended up getting a new gasket witch fit better put the new water pump in and still same leak after I took Everything apart sealed was in place so I decided to put the old pump on and left the new sealed notice the leak was minor and not like a little stream like before but still a leak any ideas ?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts