Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone! I enjoy the knowledge shared on here and everyone's help to others. I am starting to work on my 1997 DeVille myself as the dealer costs are too much. I hope I can get some advise and one day help others as well!

Currently I am getting Codes P1377, P1375, and P1350. It have read on some things to do as far as replacement of certain parts. Is it better to replace these parts? I have 286487 miles on my vehicle. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
8,072 Posts
Welcome. Post your vehicle specific questions in fwd forum, hopefully a mod will move.
Always post codes with definitions and if current or history as there are thousands and nobody has them memorized.
As far as parts, never recommend using the parts cannon approach, one it's a 50/50 shot at best and 2nd it gets expensive quickly.
So once you post codes and issues you're having, be specific as can be. Details are important as alot of times we get the oh by the way afterwards and you may have been pointed in wrong direction.
Google search is your friend as the search feature here is so so.

Again welcome.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,995 Posts
Hello everyone! I enjoy the knowledge shared on here and everyone's help to others. I am starting to work on my 1997 DeVille myself as the dealer costs are too much. I hope I can get some advise and one day help others as well!
======================
if you are going to do your own maintenance and repairs
you'll NEED the FSM - Factory Service Manual -
it is a 2-volume set - copies are available on ebay for less than $50 -

---------------------

when discussing codes we ALWAYS ask to include their DEFINITIONS -
there are THOUSANDS of codes - and no one has them all memorized -

go HERE for the best list of Cadillac code definitions -

------------------------

come on over to the Deville forum - we're here to help -

1 - 3 of 3 Posts