Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all forgive me for the generic descriptions, I'm not as technical as most in here.

I have a lot of wierd things going on with my car that noone can seem to explain. First of all I'm not a mechanic so I cant work on the car myself. I am pretty sure I have a headgasket leak and I was able to survive last summer by topping off the antifreeze ever few days. Towards the end of last fall, I had problems with the car sputtering when I accelerated and seemed like it was starving for fuel. Then it started getting cool and winter came. Everything ran fine all winter but now that its warming up again, the condition returns. When I get the car started (which is a chore itself recently), it idles fine and revs up fine....its when I put it in drive and accelerate is when it falls on its face.

Now the wierd part...I can stop the car and let it sit a minute and start it back up and it runs fine the rest of the way home.

What would cause the intermittent times it runs ok vs runs like crap.

I had the fuel pump tested and the pressure was fine according to the shop. I also had the fuel filter replaced.

I've read various things on here from clogged cats to MAP to coil packs. A friend of mine at work was getting lean condition readings from 2 cylinders when he plugged his tester in.

Like I said, I'm all over the board here on issues but I dont know where to turn anymore. I dont want to keep taking it in and getting repairs done that dont fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plugs and Wires are pretty old I'd say. I know I havent changed them in the 2 years I've had the car.

The codes got reset at the repair shop but it gave me :

PCM - P0603

History - B0533 & B1971

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,120 Posts
Codes don't mean much without definitions and no one has them memorized. Always post the definitions along with the codes.

Do the wires have the cylinder numbers on them? If so, they are factory wires and you are probably due, but it could also be coils, ICM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts