Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Deville
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice on how to remove the rear wheel/ ju bearing assembly!! Have it stripped down but having trouble removing hub itself any advice??? All I've been able to dig up is remove the bolts and then it says remove Hub lol, doesn't seem to be that simple on my 97 North Star deville 4.6 thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
:hmm: I've replaced a rear once, but don't recall any difficulties or special procedures. :noidea:

·
Registered
1997 Deville
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah like I stripped braking down and turned the flange and took the four 10 mm bolts out and then i figured it would just come out u know like it doesn't have the splines like the front so idk I'll give it another whirl tomorrow maybe see what happens

·
Registered
96 Concours, 05 DHS
184 Posts
At the four ears/corners where the bolts go through, I think the hub casting angles slightly away from the knuckle juuust a tiny bit and you might be able to get the tip of a chisel in to spread them further apart. Some PB Blaster beforehand might also help.

·
Registered
1997 Deville
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I did already spray down with pb blaster I saw the tips there I will get at it with a chisel and let u know how it hows

·
Registered
1997 Deville
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update pb break loose and sum good ole love taps worked great also the chisel was extremely helpful thanks to all came out great jus wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something thanks again

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
If you have compressed air available, a pneumatic chisel can be a Godsend. Saved my ass several times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts