Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a smooth 97 DeVille and it came with the stock tape player stereo with steering wheel stalk controls.

What is the best option to get a CD player? I've looked on e-bay and found Bose cd player head units listed under 97 DeVille but will this be a "plug and play" option for a Caddy that came with the original regular radio?

I don't want to go aftermarket on the stereo because i love the steering wheel controls and plus all the new double-din radios are silver and i hate how they look.

should i just add a 6-disk changer to the original radio? i heard that these Caddys are pre-wired for it so i might pick one up on e-bay...

need some advice... thanks!

-Rob in Miami

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hey Rob,
Whats up! Well my opinion is this > I like the stock Delco stereos and like you don't like the looks of the silver double din head units + Theives don't steal Stock stereos :D So if you like the "Factory Look" Like myself I would Definately go with the Changer > But I wouldn't settle for a little 6 disc > I would look for at least a 12 or 20 :spin: Here is a link for you to check out on installing a changer>
http://www.carstereohelp.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
> But I wouldn't settle for a little 6 disc > I would look for at least a 12 or 20

I agree with Mike. I also bought a '97 Deville without the CD option. I got a 12 disc changer from a local dealer (yeah, I know....) and the parts guy installed it in 10 minutes. The hookups are all in the trunk just waiting for your changer!

Art

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. The normal decks are not interchangeable with the bose decks. Bose uses 1 or 2 ohm speakers and each speaker has its own amp. The standard decks use the regular 4ohm speakers and the only amp is in the stereo.......i think

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
j4337 said:
Hi. The normal decks are not interchangeable with the bose decks. Bose uses 1 or 2 ohm speakers and each speaker has its own amp. The standard decks use the regular 4ohm speakers and the only amp is in the stereo.......i think
thanks for the advice. i ended up picking up a new (aftermarket) 6 disk changer off e-bay for $120 or so... i had the local stereo guy install it in the trunk under the rear deck for $10 bucks and it plugged right in and it's working great!

thanks guys
rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
> But I wouldn't settle for a little 6 disc > I would look for at least a 12 or 20

I agree with Mike. I also bought a '97 Deville without the CD option. I got a 12 disc changer from a local dealer (yeah, I know....) and the parts guy installed it in 10 minutes. The hookups are all in the trunk just waiting for your changer!

Art
i Bought A 97 And It Came With The 12 Disc Changer But Unfortunately It Didnt Have The Magazine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
Glenn Delwood