Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where bank 2 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 2 is located on my 97 deville, if someone can supply a diagram that would be really appreciated
Thanks allot

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,516 Posts
Re: 1997 deville oxygen sensors

Moved from the Site IT and Help Desk to the proper Deville forum. Please read the descriptive text in each forum title banner to find out what is supposed to be posted there.

The right (rear) bank is 1-3-5-7 - Bank 1
The left (front) bank is 2-4-6-8 - Bank 2

B2S1 is in the exhaust manifold collector (there is no B2S2)
B1S1 is in the top of the exhaust manifold
B1S2 is the pre-cat sensor
B1S3 is the after-cat sensor.

Later models deleted the pre-cat sensor, so the after-cat becomes B1S2.

Welcome Aboard !!! :highfive:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
Welcome :wavehi:

Here's your diagram

#1's and #6's (two each) as Sub described

·
Registered
1997 Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Submariner409 said:
Moved from the Site IT and Help Desk to the proper Deville forum. Please read the descriptive text in each forum title banner to find out what is supposed to be posted there. The right (rear) bank is 1-3-5-7 - Bank 1 The left (front) bank is 2-4-6-8 - Bank 2 B2S1 is in the exhaust manifold collector (there is no B2S2) B1S1 is in the top of the exhaust manifold B1S2 is the pre-cat sensor B1S3 is the after-cat sensor. Later models deleted the pre-cat sensor, so the after-cat becomes B1S2. Welcome Aboard !!! :highfive:
Thanks allot, really appreciate your info

·
Administrator
68,516 Posts
It looks like some sort of temp probe. Ask Ranger to post the source of the diagram - that will give the part number definitions.

It LOOKS like a copy from the www.alldatadiy.com site. You should subscribe your car to it - the online GM/Cadillac service manuals.

·
2004 Deville base
'05 SRX N*/AWD, Vetts/Birds/Trucks
432 Posts
'It looks like some sort of temp probe.'
Bingo!

Now if the OP/question/pigglywiggly10 bookmarks this, I hope I have taught a man to 'fish'. Might as well go to the source.

·
Administrator
68,516 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts