Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes car 1997 DeVille a lighting concern.

She keeps the light switch in the manual position ie; we do not use the automatic on mode, and lately after shutting off the car (and lights) and exiting the car, the lights will sometimes remain on for a varying period of time (usually no longer than a minute).

Any Ideas????

Thank you in advance

Bob

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
The slide switch below the headlight switch controls the delay factor on the lights after turning them off, but it also controls the twighlight sentinal, which you say you don't use. My guess would be a faulty switch. Slide it back and forth a few times just to excersise it and see if that helps any. That switch seems to be the most obvious culprit.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
You sure you dont have your twilight sentinel on? (Like Ranger said, lever must be all the way to the left (you will hear a click)) Otherwise, the twilight sentinel will keep the lights on for a few seconds to minutes depending on where the slider is.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've noticed this about my 90 SDV also, & discovered how to avoid this: Turn the headlights off BEFORE shutting the engine off!

If I kill the engine before shutting the headlights off (TWS turned off), the headlights only stay on for 2-3 minutes (long enough to run in a store, use the ATM, & run out & they're still on). If I shut the lights off with the engine still running, the lights go off, period.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts