Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1997 Deville d'Elegance
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 97 deville de Elegance it was in a flood I got it for 1000 perfect looking car it ran so I said if theirs problems later on I'll fix them then we'll iv had a bunch and now here's my delima it was running fine when I went to work I got to work earily had this new battery I wanted to put in it cause I had to get a jump everyday put it in now it cranks starts for about three seconds then off nomatter how much throttle your giving it I have the starter relay bypassed to a button um my trunk and gas door buttons also don't work the seat hardly ever works I'm assuming from the flood idk ask me some more I'll let you know

·
1997 Deville d'Elegance
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok soi bought this car in perfect condition but it had just been ina flood it was running I drove it out get home won't start back fuel pump changed it runs good for a while I have had a few problems at this point small fixed or just forgotten right now my issues are my gauge cluster the screen doesn't work so idk what it's saying and shutting off after 3 seconds I assume it's related to the security I tried relearning the key I tried the cats 2 bypass with the resistor also my truck button my gas button inside or the fob doesn't work

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
75,019 Posts
Trunk and fuel door - check the Valet button in the glove box.

I'll merge your two threads together here in Deville as your same car has the same problems in 2 forums . . . and the Seville forum was incorrect anyway.

Welcome to CF !!!

·
1997 Deville d'Elegance
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I didn't know where to post it I'm new the button is off

Thanks and sorry like I said I'm new but the button is off

Moderator edit: Please post in Deville, not Seville. Thanks. Sub.

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
75,019 Posts
Please find your new thread here in Deville. You do NOT belong in Seville. Thanks . . . .

Byrdman - I'm bird dogging this one. Sub.

A flood car is nowhere near "perfect condition" and your problems will get worse and worse. My guess is that, with those mechanical and electrical problems now, the car is a non-running total.

We have seen several "bought at auction" flood cars in here over the years since 2002 and every one was a disaster for the owner.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
6,374 Posts
apparently Sub and I were working on this at same time. I'll defer to his experience.

·
1997 Deville d'Elegance
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ment like looks it was emaculant one owner car old man and yes it has turned into a disaster idk what to do IDC about the looks anymore I just wanna get back and forth to work

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,348 Posts
I ment like looks it was emaculant one owner car old man and yes it has turned into a disaster idk what to do IDC about the looks anymore I just wanna get back and forth to work
=======================
there is a reason a flood car is "totaled" regardless of condition or age -
that reason is the car will NEVER be right again -

each and every plug - wiring harness - connection WILL develop corrosion over time -
it might only take a week or two - or it might take a year or two -
the point is corrosion WILL form - and WILL cause all sorts of weird problems -
sometimes you can get lucky and find the corroded connection easily -
but most of the time you'll hunt and hunt - and never find the specific cause -

good luck - you're gonna need it -

·
Registered
92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville
1,161 Posts
Electrical problems, gremlins, water mites, plasma storks, . . . .

It starts, catches and then dies. . .check your fuel pressure. Could be failing pump, corroded relay, shorting wire, corroded ground.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.