Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Deville
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posting a pic to get feedback on fog light modifictaion. I went to a walk in junk yard a found a 1999 concours with same color interior and grabbed every thing that was in excellent condition that would fit. I took off my auto dimming mirror and swapped it for a autodimming mirror w/ compass and took the top dash board because that one had not been warped by the sun and grabbed a front lower motor mount fixed tire wearing problem and it fixed the steering wheel shake. and I grabbed the fog lights and the fog light headlight switch for the inside of the car. Took about 2 hours to wire up perfect just like factory. If anyone is changing their PCV valve for the first time buy a PCV valve grommet because the one on their is going to break on removal. I wanted the seats out of the concours but it would have been a lot of trouble have to switch all of that over because the concours comes with a floor shifter. Would be nice though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1997 Dark Adriatic Metallic Blue Deville Sittin on 20 Chrome
328 Posts
Nice, very nice... One of the many semi-mods I didn't get a chance to do to my 97 Deville.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Deville
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, very nice... One of the many semi-mods I didn't get a chance to do to my 97 Deville.
What are the best after market struts for 1997 deville. I got some used ones from the junk yard. They are doing good but I know they are going to go. Whats your opinion?

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
Well done! I bought the fog lamp assemblies off ebay for $80/pair. Now just have to get the housings and the interior switch for them.

Good job!!!

·
Registered
1997 Dark Adriatic Metallic Blue Deville Sittin on 20 Chrome
328 Posts
As far as the struts... I never had any problems. I really couldn't tell you, I know there are some previous post on here about struts. You mught had to do a search to find the info but I heard they can be expensive.

·
Registered
97 Deville
93 Posts
Thats a pretty lady you got there Young Deville I have the same model but in a White the lights look great you did a good job.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Deville
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got some Arnott struts. They work perfect too.
Thanks for the response. I was debating between arnott and strut masters. I have heard that the strut masters strut holds it up nice in the rear but 2 small people and some groceries are all that you will be able to carry in the back of the car before it begins to drop. Does the arnotts still depend on the pump to raise the rear of the car up??

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Deville
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Revised.

I have add some d'elegance rims to a my base deville. So I got some concours parts on the interior including the roof with the flip down mirrors in the rear. And the fog lights.

Posting a pic to get feedback on fog light modifictaion. I went to a walk in junk yard a found a 1999 concours with same color interior and grabbed every thing that was in excellent condition that would fit. I took off my auto dimming mirror and swapped it for a autodimming mirror w/ compass and took the top dash board because that one had not been warped by the sun and grabbed a front lower motor mount fixed tire wearing problem and it fixed the steering wheel shake. and I grabbed the fog lights and the fog light headlight switch for the inside of the car. Took about 2 hours to wire up perfect just like factory. If anyone is changing their PCV valve for the first time buy a PCV valve grommet because the one on their is going to break on removal. I wanted the seats out of the concours but it would have been a lot of trouble have to switch all of that over because the concours comes with a floor shifter. Would be nice though.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Lac Deville
204 Posts
do the fog lights fit perfectly(without makin any holes or modifyin anything) in the base deville bumper or do u have to get the concours bumper?

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Deville
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone please? and where can i find the fog lights, i've tried junk yards, ebay. and the dealership wants 450 for them.
All of the hole are there to mount and the bumper is the same. I got lucky and found them at a walk in junk yard. I found the plastic surrounds at another junkyard. Just for the plastic pieces that go around the fog lights are 40 bucks for both of them. and you are right about the lights costing an arm an a leg. Non walk on junk yard probably will not part the bumper out because they would want to keep it complete as possible to sell. I looked for months. All I can say is good luck. If I see some at my uncles junk yard I will grab them an post a message saying that I got them.

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville '98
151 Posts
it looks really good. you did a nice job.
how did you wired the lights? are there any extra cables for the fog lights that you can use, or you have to install new cables?

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
I'm planning on adding some fog lights to my '95 as well, but they will also function as daytime running lights. I already did this to the '88 because it is gray and on cloudy days people kept pulling out in front of me. They are actually remote operated and are really cool. I have them wired into a circuit that is only live when the car is running so I can't accidentally leave them on. I have the little remote hanging on the handle to tilt the steering wheel up and down.

·
Registered
96DeVille
962 Posts
I'm planning on adding some fog lights to my '95 as well, but they will also function as daytime running lights. I already did this to the '88 because it is gray and on cloudy days people kept pulling out in front of me. They are actually remote operated and are really cool. I have them wired into a circuit that is only live when the car is running so I can't accidentally leave them on. I have the little remote hanging on the handle to tilt the steering wheel up and down.
Did you put in the Cyber White by Navigator? I've got a pair for my 96DeVille and just haven't gotten to putting them on.

mtyler7807 those look sweet. K_C

1 - 20 of 27 Posts