Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Deville D'Elgance
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it has been a year or so at least since my last post. I poped in from time to time - just never had any issues or reason to post. My '92 Deville is still running strong with 218k (Kilometers) this fall needs new front ball joints and that is it (since I have owned it though I put a few $$ into her) . It is now my daughter's car so I needed something - thus the 1997 Deville D'Elgance purchase. She is a beauty - with only 95k (Kilometers about60k miles) on her.

I had the power steering hose replaced, and front seals as they both were leaking. And now the Car is throwing the Service Idle Control System when I start it up. I am thinking this was result of the recent work. I don't notice any rough idling or anything different. I guess my question is should I just clear the code and see what happens ? I tried a search did not find anything.

We are now a family of Caddies - Dad 98 Concurs , Me 97 D'Elgance, Daughter 92 Deville - Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions.

Edit : Frick wrong section sorry meant to put this in the FWD - hopefully a mod can move it

·
Registered
1997 Deville D'Elgance
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for moving it !

I remembered I had my Dad's Digitial OBD2 Reader so I hooked her up - It showed me a P0300 which according to the manual is a Radmon / Multiple cylinder Misfire Detected. Now I guess I am not too concerned about a Random but Multiple may be an issue.

The code was thrown when the work was done as I did not see this message on the display before (and you can't miss it on the digitial dash - comes up scrolling across the bottom of the dash when the car is started).

I cleared the code , started the car and the Service Idle control System is gone . No other codes shown on the reader so I guess I'll wait and see.

Still would apperaciate if this is something that should worry me and get it looked into or is it just like a computer where sometimes Sh*& happens.

Thanks..........Dave

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,998 Posts
Dave,
Just monitor it. If it comes back, the ISC valve is on the side of the TB. It is nothing more than a throttle plate air bypass circuit controlled by a pintle valve. Just remove it and clean it and the air bypass circuit with compressed air or a pipe cleaner or such.

·
Registered
1997 Deville D'Elgance
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ranger - I already put the the better part of $2k into her (most used cars require some maintenance ) - although this did include a new set of Pirelli's which was the bulk.

I will keep an eye on her - thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,998 Posts
BTW, have you cleaned the TB lately? Might be due and might be the reason for the message.

·
Registered
1997 Deville D'Elgance
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW, have you cleaned the TB lately? Might be due and might be the reason for the message.

I'll do that - counting today I have owned the car all of a week so no I have not done that. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts