Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went with my dad to the hamptons to watch my uncle race is 1996 impala ss. Then my dad desides to see wa it runs.....amazingly not bad for a stock sts with a K&N air filter lol ran a 15.01.:) Then ma unlce desides to take out the drivers side head light to let more are run to the carb..little did he no it ran worse....a 15.25

·
Registered
377 Posts
hmm, maybe thats the problem, you shouldn't have a carb!....lol

seriously, what kind of runs did they do, mash it and go? turn off traction control? did you ask him? next time he goes, at least drop the fron tire pressure to help hook up a little better

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dubya said:
hmm, maybe thats the problem, you shouldn't have a carb!....lol

seriously, what kind of runs did they do, mash it and go? turn off traction control? did you ask him? next time he goes, at least drop the fron tire pressure to help hook up a little better
he ran better with TC on

·
Registered
377 Posts
yeah, turn the tc off and you don't have 1st gear, starts in 2nd. gotta go as fast as you can without the tc kicken in

·
Registered
253 Posts
carjunkie14 said:
Went with my dad to the hamptons to watch my uncle race is 1996 impala ss. Then my dad desides to see wa it runs.....amazingly not bad for a stock sts with a K&N air filter lol ran a 15.01.:) Then ma unlce desides to take out the drivers side head light to let more are run to the carb..little did he no it ran worse....a 15.25
Sure, he produced drag when he took that headlight out. He would have been better off taking the spare tire and jack out... and driving naked. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts