Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac STS, 1985 Honda Odassy FL350 and FL250 Go Cart
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1996 Cadillac STS and just last night I was outside doing some work and I noticed that the interior lights war randomly flickering while the car was locked up and no one was even near it. I looked in the truck and herd a little solenoid making ticking noises when the lights were coming on. So took the back seat out and noticed that the 2 solenoids that are for the speakers were very hot. Is this normal? I also pulled the solenoid out for the interior lights and switched it with one of those other ones that was hot. It seamed to have stopped so I put it all back. Then I went for a drive to the movies and the car was doing it while I was driving this is very annoying I can not seam to find out what is going on. Could my cars computer be screwing up??? Pleas give me any help that you can thanks mike

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,572 Posts
No solenoids back there. I suspect you mean relays. I don't think you should have any really hot wires back there either. Something is amiss.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the wires are not how it is the relays for the spekers. but i dont know if that is the problem. the lights are flashing and the relay that controls that is not hot. The light are reandomly flashing on and off. while i drive or whyle the car is off and parked.i checked all the door switches. thay seam ok if the door is open thay stay on like thay shood. the only prob is thay keep flashing randomly i now have to disconect the battery because my battry gos ded if i leav it conected.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,095 Posts
Read the sticky post on how to pull your own diagnostic codes from the car's built-in system - you may have a faulty BCM (Body Control Module) and that will set a fault code.

Curious that the hot relays are for the rear speakers - is this a stock GM or Bose sound system ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok if it was the BCM what coeds shood i look for i know how to look up codes. i just need 2 know what ones 2 look for. thanks mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is all of the codes that are on my car now. I will let you know that I have bean taking the battery terminals off of the car over night so the battery will not be dead in the morning. I got the coeds now but I don’t know how to tell what they mean. I tried the sticky but still fail to understand how. Thanks for any help it is much appreciated. Thanks mike!!!

Ip1552
Tc0073
Pc0603
Pz1558
Ir1740
Ir2255

:banghead:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i still cannot find out what some of the codes mean sry for being somuch trubble. now whair is the BCM located in my car i want to check the conections to see that thay are not corodid or dirty. thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i puled the light controller out the light switch for the head lights and interear lights and that is whair the problem is. i need a new headlight switch thingy.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,572 Posts
I think the BCM is behind the glove box.
B1552 - Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error
B1740 - Driver Seat Front Down Switch Circuit Malfunction
P0603 - Control Module Long Term Memory Reset
P1558 - Cruise Control Servo Indicates Low

I see no 2255.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks yea I didn’t see that one I found only one of those on my own. The driver’s seat down switch short circuit. I was notable to find the rest thanks for your help. I think I found the problem for my lights blinking. The head light switch is screwed up. I unplugged it and my problem was gone. I am going 2 buy a used one 2 day and see if the problem goes away. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the keep alive memery thing might be because i have bean leaving the battery unpluged over night so the battery doesnt go dead over night. and i tuched negative to positive when i took off the battery might be why the long term memery got reset. does this sound logical? thanks mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts