Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

My gear shift handle has a faded leather tip. I have seen the newer Seville's have the polished wood handle instead of the leather covered handle.

How would I go about changing my entire handle to a nice polished wood handle? (It does not necessarily have to be like the one on the newer Seveille's - different styles would be even better).

Sargon
Toronto/Canada :cool:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
755 Posts
Lets try this in the STS board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Sargon said:
Hello All.

My gear shift handle has a faded leather tip. I have seen the newer Seville's have the polished wood handle instead of the leather covered handle.

How would I go about changing my entire handle to a nice polished wood handle? (It does not necessarily have to be like the one on the newer Seveille's - different styles would be even better).

Sargon
Toronto/Canada :cool:

There's a small clip on the front side of the handle. Pull that out and the entire handle pulls straight up off the shaft. Just about all GM's are the same so find one you like, it's an easy switch. Mine came from a junkyard.
Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob2231,

Thank you, thank you Bob. I will try that technique.

Sargon

bob2231 said:
There's a small clip on the front side of the handle. Pull that out and the entire handle pulls straight up off the shaft. Just about all GM's are the same so find one you like, it's an easy switch. Mine came from a junkyard.
Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Sargon said:
Bob2231,

Thank you, thank you Bob. I will try that technique.

Sargon
You're welcome Sargon. I think mine came from a Chey Cavalier. I liked the thumb button better than the finger pull, it's more what I'm used to. And it's real cheap too. Like $5.
Bob
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
bob2231
Top