Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I been looking every where and i cant find them and the guy on you tube where i saw them will not tell me where he got them so if anybody know where to get black out tail light cover for a 96 seville sts please let me know here is a pic i took from you tube thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Are you sure they're actually covers? Or is it just spray on tint like night shadez?

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
It also can get you some tickets. I hate to drive in day light behind some car with blacked out taillights as I can't see when is breaking. Most of the times these cars have at least one light bulb burned to enhance the situation. It may look good with the lights off but with lights on looks like you have two small candles in the taillights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanks for the replays not sure if its tint. yeah i guess it would be hard to see when your breaking, it's just my right side tail light keeps getting foggy when i wash my car and it's an eye sore this is my 2nd tail light and it keeps some how getting foggy.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
It is tint, there's a lot of shops in my town that put stupid accesories and add ons to cars, that headlight/tail light tint included, which can look cool on some cars and there's even a few 92-97 sevilles around town with it.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Some people have eliminated the fogging by drilling a small hole in the bottom of the taillight.
Somebody recommended me to put a silica gel pack in the taillight to absorb the moisture. I haven't tried that as I am not sure if it won't show when the lights are on.
You can plug the openings and put some vacuum and then look to locate the leak (most likely around the edge). Then while still under the vacuum seal the crack with some fast acting glue (if is under vacuum it will absorb the glue into the crack).
I had great success getting rid of the issue after changing the taillight (twice).
Tinting the taillight is like swiping your house and hiding the dirt under the carpets. The money you waste on tinting can go toward a replacement taillight.
I have seen many car with tinted windows looking "cool" on the outside only after opening a door you feel like vomiting.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS
54 Posts
It also can get you some tickets. I hate to drive in day light behind some car with blacked out taillights as I can't see when is breaking. Most of the times these cars have at least one light bulb burned to enhance the situation. It may look good with the lights off but with lights on looks like you have two small candles in the taillights.
As long as his rear trunk mounted brake light works he will be ok...... just running lights i would be worried about....anyone who cant see that trunk light is blind

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
As long as his rear trunk mounted brake light works he will be ok...... just running lights i would be worried about....anyone who cant see that trunk light is blind
Some states prohibit the Use of tint film, spray on tint or tinted covers, on any light, regardless of color or how dark the tint is.

If your main concern is the condensation, remove the tail lamp, let it dry out completely, and seal the seem between the housing and lens with a good, outdoor caulking. If it still collects water after that, carefully drill a small hole at each end of the housings bottom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts