Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1996 STS
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 1996 Seville STS. The AC fan motors sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. I just bought the unit that controls the mode and fan controls that sits below the radio as the old one stopped working It is used, but it's in perfect working order. The fan will just literally stop and not blow even though the AC is on. Then, out of the blue, the fan comes to life and works fine until it stops again. Any ideas, why the intermittency is occurring? Thanks for any help!

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,658 Posts
Hi,
I have a 1996 Seville STS. The AC fan motors sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. I just bought the unit that controls the mode and fan controls that sits below the radio as the old one stopped working It is used, but it's in perfect working order. The fan will just literally stop and not blow even though the AC is on. Then, out of the blue, the fan comes to life and works fine until it stops again. Any ideas, why the intermittency is occurring? Thanks for any help!
=======================
The AC fan motors sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't.
the FANS are in front of the engine near the radiator and AC condenser -

can we assume you are actually referring to the BLOWER - that distributes the air inside the car?

if YES - it could be a couple things -
POOR GROUND -
the ground lug is hidden behind the passenger side kick panel -
remove the trim panel clean each connection - tighten the nut -

if that doesn't work - the problem is probably a worn out blower motor -

I recommend the FOUR SEASONS 35121 - $108 - with free shipping - less than half the cost of ACDelco -

·
Registered
1996 STS
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
=======================
The AC fan motors sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't.
the FANS are in front of the engine near the radiator and AC condenser -

can we assume you are actually referring to the BLOWER - that distributes the air inside the car?

if YES - it could be a couple things -
POOR GROUND -
the ground lug is hidden behind the passenger side kick panel -
remove the trim panel clean each connection - tighten the nut -

if that doesn't work - the problem is probably a worn out blower motor -

I recommend the FOUR SEASONS 35121 - $108 - with free shipping - less than half the cost of ACDelco -

Thanks, Yes, I was referring to the blower motor, probably said fan because I just replaced one. Is it possible for a blower motor to work intermittently if the connections are good?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,076 Posts
Is it possible for a blower motor to work intermittently if the connections are good?
Yes. When the blower stops, try rapping on it with a screwdriver handle. If it starts up, it's beginning to fail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts