Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off TY i put the new torque struts aka dog bones in..took 15 mins ; þ.. now i found a lose hose ..I cant find the OTHER end to..its like under the master cylinder .. goes into a place taht has 2 pipes that says fue .. a yello tag ... this piece is plastic .. i have a pic ... any help would be appreciated ! P. S. it can only reach so far .. youd think would be easy ; (

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,579 Posts
It's obviously a fuel line. Has to be either the supply or the return line.
Probably connects to one of the lines to the right of the #7.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
its not .. its a plastic piece thats taped in the same spot as the fuel lines

its like a half circle plastic ...hose like piece .. goes in same spot as fuel lines but it has a rubber piece at the other end n spins ..so can go in any direction..BUT its only a 4 inch piece .. so can only go so far ; (

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,579 Posts
Is there a loose fitting cap on it? If so, it is a transmission vent tube.
If not, maybe a closer picture will help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO ,, its not the breather.. i can see that ...but heres a picture of the bottom .. it goes in the same spot where the 2 fuel lines go..and the tip looks just like a vacuum hose would slide over it .. any help would be appreciated TY in advance.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,924 Posts
The pics are sort of off-center for the "big picture", but that may be the EVAP purge line - attaches to the EVAP purge control solenoid on the driver's side of the throttlebody.

Here's a 2000+ EVAP diagram - close to yours - part #1

2002 EVAP.gif

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOOHOOOO TYTYTYTY that was it !!! Thank you all...I truly love this car.. I just got back from a 3K mile trip .. she ran like a top !! SUBMARINER .. may you never get stuck on the bottom .. and your ALWAYS ON TOP in my book ; þ

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,924 Posts
Glad to help. That system purges a charcoal canister of fuel vapor when the car is on the highway, steady speed over 30 mph, moderate load. Under those conditions the engine can tolerate a calibrated extra airflow leak. Purge cycles only last a very short time.

I did 26 years in the Submarine Force and my number of surfaces is the same as my number of dives ........ I retired in 1982. Turned 80 last December.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts