Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing the battery terminal cable, my windows won't work, my fuel lid wont open and truck won't open when pushing the button.
Anyone have any suggestions? Does the PCM control these?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,829 Posts
Weak battery or faulty terminal connection. What is the DIC voltage with Key: ON ? Will the engine start ?

PCM/ECM does not control electrical/mechanical pushbuttons.

·
Administrator
69,829 Posts
Moved from Northstar to Eldorado for more vehicle exposure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weak battery or faulty terminal connection. What is the DIC voltage with Key: ON ? Will the engine start ?

PCM/ECM does not control electrical/mechanical pushbuttons.
Thank you! I will check that out!
Also I didn't mention that I bought a cheap battery from Walmart and problems began after that.
Thanks again for all input!

·
Administrator
69,829 Posts
A fully charged "12 volt" lead-acid battery will show 12.6 volts on a VOM, disconnected from anything for a half hour. It should show 12.4 to 12.6 on your car's DIC (instrument panel message bar) at Key: ON and the system voltage with the engine running above idle should show from about 13.8 to 14.8 - in the 14s is good.

Cheap batteries ............ are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not getting those readings. I've stripped the new battery cable and flattened it's "bumps" where it connects to battery in hopes of a better connection. Nothing changed, so I cleaned and sanded the connection to the fuse box and any contacts. This has not got me to the numbers I need to operate my windows, truck and fuel door.
I plan on spending this weekend on this. Do you have suggestions on what I can do next? I have the back seat still removed so easy access to relays and modules.
Thank you
Steve

·
Administrator
69,829 Posts
Maybe the bargain battery has a dead cell (common) which would really screw up indicated and charging voltages as well as go dead overnight.

If you are not seeing the voltages I posted under the posted conditions then something is wrong.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,849 Posts
STEP #1 - ALWAYS - check for DTC's - Diagnostic Trouble Codes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts