Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.. I had been getting warning signs in my Deville that the starter was going out.. part was original factory, and the car is at
93,000 miles.. So, me and a friend of mine, who is a mechanic, removed the intake manifold and swapped out the starter, go to start the car.. and nothing.
So we decide to put old one back in, got to removing the manifold in 20 minutes. Car still will not start. I followed steps from manual, and off of this and other forums. Intake was not fully removed, it was tilted up, with all necessary hoses being disconnected before.. Now we took starter fluid, and sprayed it through the main air hose into the throttle body, car starts up.. and soon dies seconds later, so we believe there is no fuel getting to the engine for some reason. Any insight on this problem would be greatly appreciated, I am not sure if we missed a step, or are missing something else.. but I would like to get it figured out.. Thanks!

·
Registered
1995 Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No did not need to remove the fuel lines.. so no need to relieve the pressure. when trying to start, no fuel leaks or smells anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,415 Posts
I had been getting warning signs in my Deville that the starter was going out.
Describe those warning signs. You may be barking up the wrong tree by changing the starter.

Now we took starter fluid, and sprayed it through the main air hose into the throttle body, car starts up.. and soon dies seconds later so we believe there is no fuel getting to the engine
Good assumption. Is this the "warning sign"? Sounds like you have no fuel pressure. Probably time to change the fuel pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts