Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
99 Deville Concours
46 Posts
Sounds like you did it correctly, just hook one wire to each end of resistor. Try the relay behind the back seat maybe, thats one place I was told to check when I was troubleshooting. I couldnt figure out which relay was for what, and ended up testing all of them. Very time consuming, but I ruled out the relay. I would think if you were actually getting a short and grounding it out, the fuse would blow. My RSS fuse kept blowing, and giving me the same code you're getting, just because they were the wrong resistors in the strumaster struts. I guess look for worn spots on the wiring and see if it is grounding it self to the frame or something else. More than likely it is something small and simple like that, but if it's not, hopefully someone else in the forums can help. I know there's people in here a lot more qualified than me.

·
Registered
1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham and 1996 DeVille
121 Posts
OK, when I'll have some time I will check. However a friend of mine said the same thing about the possibility of wrong resitors. How many Ohms are Your working resistors?
16 Ohms and 10 Ohms didn't really work on my car until now (if the relays are OK, which I will know only later...).

·
Registered
99 Deville Concours
46 Posts
I really think it's the wrong resistor or blown rss fuse or both. I got the exact same "short to ground" code because the incorrect resistors were blowing the fuse. Suncoreindustries.com has the correct resistors for the 96
$6.50 each. That's all I needed to fix mine.

·
Registered
95 deville concours
7 Posts
I have a 95 Seville concours and I installed the passive struts on it but lost the rest of the instructions on how to attach the strut module that was on the old strut or however needs to be done to get rid of the service ride control and traction control off its rather irritating. Lol any info would be greatly appreciated

----------

Sorry *deville concourse, darn auto correct smart phones!!

·
1996 Deville
31 Posts
When i bought my passives from SUNCOREINDUSTRIES.COM,they included the resistors to bypass the "service ride control".I never had any dash display messages at all after having mine installed.
Hello I have a 96 deville that need shocks struts all the way around. U got yours form suncore? How is the ride . and quality of the shocks thanks

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,074 Posts
Pompste hasn't logged in to this 11 year old thread in 9 months. Don't hold your breath for a response from him.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,658 Posts
Hello I have a 96 deville that need shocks struts all the way around. U got yours form suncore? How is the ride . and quality of the shocks thanks
==============
suncore - arnott - strutmaster - are ALL overpriced JUNK -
the best replacement units are from MONROE -

for STRUTS -
MONROE 71854 - $124 - for the PAIR - including shipping - from rockauto.com -

for REAR SHOCKS -
MONROE 40046 - $102 EACH - with free shipping - from amazon -

---------------------------

the best way to satisfy the suspension computer is to wire-in a relay at the computer - in the trunk -
the procedure is posted in the TechTips forum -

·
1996 Deville
31 Posts
Thanks for the info. The monroe doesn't come in a complete set does it? What did you do with the strut mounts springs etc.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,658 Posts
Thanks for the info. The monroe doesn't come in a complete set does it? What did you do with the strut mounts springs etc.
=====================
The monroe doesn't come in a complete set does it?
if you mean a fully-assembled strut assembly - NO -

What did you do with the strut mounts springs etc.
re-use the good parts - replace the worn parts -

the bearing is cheap - ACDelco 901013 - around $13 each - including shipping from rockauto.com -

springs -
ACDELCO 45H0363 - $64 - for the pair - including shipping - also from rockauto.com

·
1996 Deville
31 Posts
Thanks, for the info! I will just do as You told!
I bought the car 2 weeks ago, and the previous owner did the swap to the passive system without taking care of the message.
As soon as I am done I will let You know how I managed it.

Thanks again! 👍
Did u solve problem

21 - 33 of 33 Posts