Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am on vacation in Florida for a week and found a fabulous Cadillac. A 1996 DeVille Concours with 23000 original miles. I took a look at it tonight and it is immaculate - it looks like someone just drove it off the showroom floor. There are absolutely no signs of wear on the interior, the exterior looks brand new, and the engine runs great and is clean. The guy wants $10,500 for it, but the catch is that I live in WA state, so I need to have it shipped back. The car has a 12-cd changer, diamond white paint($500 factory upgrade), and neutral/white leather interior. Basically it is white on white.

I think this is a great price for a car with 23,000 miles on it. Am I stupid to do this? When it is all said and done, I'll probably be in $12,300 or so including shipping and WA state sales tax. Should I go for it? Can I expect a lot of mechanical problems from the 96 Northstar engine or other parts of the car? Please help...I have to make this decision ASAP.

Thanks!
-Scott

·
Registered
397 Posts
Snyder81 said:
Guys, I am on vacation in Florida for a week and found a fabulous Cadillac. A 1996 DeVille Concours with 23000 original miles. I took a look at it tonight and it is immaculate - it looks like someone just drove it off the showroom floor. There are absolutely no signs of wear on the interior, the exterior looks brand new, and the engine runs great and is clean. The guy wants $10,500 for it, but the catch is that I live in WA state, so I need to have it shipped back. The car has a 12-cd changer, diamond white paint($500 factory upgrade), and neutral/white leather interior. Basically it is white on white.

I think this is a great price for a car with 23,000 miles on it. Am I stupid to do this? When it is all said and done, I'll probably be in $12,300 or so including shipping and WA state sales tax. Should I go for it? Can I expect a lot of mechanical problems from the 96 Northstar engine or other parts of the car? Please help...I have to make this decision ASAP.

Thanks!
-Scott
I think the question is, why NOT go for it!!!

Awesome deal! Go for it!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2dfx said:
I think the question is, why NOT go for it!!!

Awesome deal! Go for it!
BTW, this car stickered for $43,800 back in 1996...if that helps. Do the 96 Northstar engines just plain suck for maintenance? This particular engine has used Mobil 1 Synthetic since it was new. No fluids leak, no body rust.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Go for it!!

The northstar shouldnt give you too many problems since it is this early in its life...... IF you keep up with all maintenace, it shoudl be fine!!!

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
If it's been maintained - and it does seem to be have maintained - then you should be fine - as long as you continue to maintain it.. That sounds like an unbelievable deal. You should run a carfax on it...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I'd buy the thing A.S.A.P! ( Why can't you drive it home? ) Good deal!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sal Collaziano said:
If it's been maintained - and it does seem to be have maintained - then you should be fine - as long as you continue to maintain it.. That sounds like an unbelievable deal. You should run a carfax on it...
It has been well-maintained. The car was purchased locally in Florida and the same dealer has done all the maintenance(oil, filters, etc). The dealer looked the car up in their system and said it was all routine oil changes, no major problems.

I called the seller and left a message this morning saying that I wanted to buy it. The seller called me back and said two others also wanted to buy it. I told him I would get a cashier's check and be over in a few hours. Now it's sitting out in the parking lot of the condo's where I'm staying and it is BEAUTIFUL(Not as beautiful as my new fiancee though, whom I just asked on Saturday!).

Anyway, I am having it trucked to WA for $1100 and it should arrive at my door in less than 14 days. It looks brand new, and everything works great except the antenna for the radio won't come up. I figure it is just stuck because it is rarely used. I'll look in the other forums to see how to fix that. I'll post pics when it arrives at my house!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Snyder81 said:
It looks brand new, and everything works great except the antenna for the radio won't come up. I figure it is just stuck because it is rarely used. I'll look in the other forums to see how to fix that. I'll post pics when it arrives at my house!
The antenna came up today, so it may have just been stuck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Snyder81