Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Sedan DeVille
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I am having the problem where occasionally at idle, the oil pressure indicator light with flicker. After doing some research, I suspect that it might be the Oil Pressure Switch and I would like to replace it.
I was wondering if anyone had pics or information concerning this replacement.
I researched that it is under the car, near the oil filter, but have not found any good pictures showing what I am looking for.
Any help would be appreciated.
Also, if anyone has the correct part number, please let me know so I make sure I purchase the correct one.
Thanks so much!!!
Ralph

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
There are a ton of threads about OP replacement here. It is on the oil filter housing use ONLY AC Delco or i can assure you it will fail shortly.

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado Biarritz
451 Posts
ACDelco PN - D1836A. Also get two GM/ACDelco PN - 03543719. The second number is gasket for the oil filter adapter and there are two. The best way to tackle this job is to remove the filter adapter, the part that the filter screws into. Then in a vise remove the oil pressure sending unit and install the new one. Then install the adapter with sending unit to the engine with new seals.

·
Registered
1996 Sedan DeVille
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all so much! The picture and suggestions are amazing! I am going to be working on EGR valve this weekend, but will take some time to crawl under the car and get a visual. I figure I will take it all apart at the next oil change which is coming up.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,985 Posts
Thank you all so much! The picture and suggestions are amazing! I am going to be working on EGR valve this weekend, but will take some time to crawl under the car and get a visual. I figure I will take it all apart at the next oil change which is coming up.
========================
will take some time to crawl under the car and get a visual.
keep in mind it's going to look a little different -:hmm:
than the engine out of the car - and mounted on an engine stand -:sneaky:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts