Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Seville STS, 2004 SRX V8 N* Nav
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Long time since I been here but the STS has been running like a champ for a long time. :)

Anyway, both hood lift pistons failed and the hood slammed shut, fortunately without my head being in the way. My question is how hard are they to replace? I see them on RockAuto for about $12.00 a piece for Monroe or $28.00 a piece for ACDELCO. They look simple to replace, am I correct in that assumption? Also, thoughts on Monroe v. Delco? I was leaning toward Monroe because of price but don't want to get sub standard stuff ya know?

Also, occasionally when she's warm, there's the hard start thing again, not very often, maybe once in ten times it will act like the FPR is bad again. I did FPR check but did not see any fuel come out, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Tim

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,416 Posts
The gas lifts are a piece of cake - the ball ends have either a spring clip or an E-clip retainer - pop them loose, off it comes. Make sure the retainers on the new units are loose, pop the sockets onto the balls, snap the clips shut.

Slow start ? Dirty coils, ICM, ICM base, old plug wires. Last plug change with AC Delco #41-950 platinum plugs ? Throttlebody cleaning. Steady idle once started/idle down sequence complete ?? - ISC should be OK then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts