Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The right side of my high mount (top of trunk) brake light works but the center and left side do not. I assume this is merely a bulb issue,.but I cannot see where the bulbs are in this deal. If someone can help a newbie to Cadillac's determine where to gain access to these bulb I would appreciate. I did a search but turned up nothing. Thanks,..Bruce

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
rebuilts

Its not a backyard fix. The upper LED lamp was not even made by Cadillac. It was made by Stanley Electronics. Not to be confused with Stanley tools. Basically you have a 1/2 inch wide circuit board with soldered LEDs all the way across the lamp.

Basically you have a sealed upper unit. It was never designed to be repaired...just replaced. The problem is Cadillac wants $420 just for the part. Ouch.

It is possible to repair the lamps. We offer the only aftermarket 2 year warranty on these lamps. The trick is in a redesign of the electronics and new plastics.

Heres a shot of a brand new lamp being repaired. It had a factory defective LED and also required a new electrical pigtail. In this shot the lamp is still not quite done. I think this one ended up be shipped to NJ. If you look real close you should be able to see the new plastics.

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3768672/1065282089762_repair.jpg

Logan
www.logandiagnostic.com

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
We have the lamps to cover the '92-97 model years. The website is long overdue for a upgrade. Currently have lamps for-

'92-97 Seville/STS
2002+ Escalades +EXT
'97-01 Cateras
2000+ Devilles
Acura NSX

SLS grille kits are discontinued.

The '98 and newer Seville/SLS/STS lamps have 100% water intrusion. Near impossible to find dry units. What you really need is a 2001 or newer version that uses a different sealer. Any used units are junk.

Think the $420+ for a Cadillac STS is bad? The Acura NSX lamps are $1000 bucks.

Picture shows.....Catera 'lego' lamp, repaired STS lamp +stud repair, $1000 NSX lamp...

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3768672/1034866547569_leds.jpg

Logan
www.airbagcrash.com
www.logandiagnostic.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Logandiagnostic