Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CD plays when it feels like it and I have a Sirius satellite I would like to install. Can I leave the factory speakers in and use preamp outputs from an aftermarket or will the whole system have to come out? Can I add an amp and sub in the trunk easily by splicing into the factory sub lines without upsetting the Bose system? I am thinking of installing a unit with satellite built in, but I'm not in a position to replace everything at once.

Also, I have a FSM on its way, does it break down this system into schematics etc or am I on my own? I can do audio installs myself, but it sure helps to have a basic schematic to start with.

Don't even get me stated on double DIN sizing, which is about the most worthless piece of engineering known to the mobile audio industry.

By most research, I have read the aftermarket head units don't produce better sound than factory. The problem is factory limits your add-on options and the GM Bose setup is highly overrated.

·
Registered
STS -93 & DeVille Coupé -71
31 Posts
The thing with bose is that the output from the HU is lowlevel in so called highlevel wires. Each speaker haves it own amplifier, and also each speaker have the impedance of 1Ohm, when regular speakers have 4 or 8 Ohms impedance.
This would be a problem if you want to have a amp to the existing speakers.

If you want´s to use a new HU you should also replace the speakers.

Also try to search the forum before asking a question.

/De_Ville from Sweden.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts