Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995 ETC
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - I've read the threads and I could be wrong - but I have a massive water/coolant leak at the side of the engine between the engine and the firewall. I pours out as fast as I pour it in with the engine off.:confused:

The car runs and idles fine so I don't belief it's a head gasket (I shut down before it gets too hot. Are there freeze plugs on that side of the engine? Is this the dreaded rotten heater pipes? How do I get to them? What's the replacement part?:mad:

Thanks,

David (driving the Jeep):crying2:

·
Registered
1995 ETC
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't see any diagrams in the shop manual or the Chiltons - how do I replace those puppies? They available at a parts store (Autoz*ne or O'Ri*ly's)?

Thanks,

David

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,015 Posts
I have never had the "pleasure", but from what I hear, you do it with great patience, several band aids and no young impressionable children around to learn the new words you will invent. Maybe someone who has done it will chime in.

I believe it will be a dealer only part. Try http://www.gmotors.com

·
Registered
1995 ETC
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where can I get info on the R&R of the coolant pipes between the engine and the firewall? Pictures/Diagrams?
:cool2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts