Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me which year model N*'s will work in my 95 Eldo ETC? I want to rebuild an engine to try and squeeze a little more out of it.

Looking through the forums, it looks like I should leave the bottom end alone and just port and polish the heads. Any thoughts? Anything to be weary off? Is there some problem with the studs?

·
Registered
2001 ETC Sequoia
878 Posts
CoachKRA said:
Can anyone tell me which year model N*'s will work in my 95 Eldo ETC? I want to rebuild an engine to try and squeeze a little more out of it.

Looking through the forums, it looks like I should leave the bottom end alone and just port and polish the heads. Any thoughts? Anything to be weary off? Is there some problem with the studs?
You're j/k right?

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
Why would he be kiddin. There will always be roughness in the heads due to casting. Porting and polishing will allow for smoother running and will give some added power. Is it worth the amount of money and time its up to him. Best mod is an exhaust tho.

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
The amount of money it would cost to do a good, performance oriented rebuild on a N* could probably just buy you a brand new engine. Porting and polishing the heads won't really gain you much unless you can force more air into them (i.e. turbo, supercharger,..ect) Second, you only want to polish the exhaust side anyway, because you need the slight bit of turbulance in the intake side to properly mix the air and fuel. There really isn't much to be gained without significant changes made to the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts