Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 DeVille
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 95 DeVille in 07 and love the car. It has a lighter more "brown" wood grain color then most other DeVille's that I see which have more of a dark Cherry color. Was this an option or a limited color? Just curious...

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,267 Posts
I bought a 95 DeVille in 07 and love the car. It has a lighter more "brown" wood grain color then most other DeVille's that I see which have more of a dark Cherry color. Was this an option or a limited color? Just curious...
----------------
the Devilles of that era used ZEBRANO wood trim -

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
I have seen some of these at junkyards in the area, but don't know what they are about. I assumed they were aftermarket, but they fit/look factory and were never accompanied by other aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
2002 STS/ 1994 STS
229 Posts
I have noticed in my boneyard travels that the earlier base Devilles have plastic(fake wood) trim...

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
All devilles have fake wood. Those years have two different colours. There was the normal dark colour and very light stuff that only some of the light tan interior cars got.

·
Registered
95 DeVille
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the feedback! Either way (fake or real) I still love the car. It rides like buttah.
Now if I can only get rid of the "Service Ride Control" error message permanently - it would be perfect!

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,267 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback! Either way (fake or real) I still love the car. It rides like buttah.
Now if I can only get rid of the "Service Ride Control" error message permanently - it would be perfect!
--------------------------
Now if I can only get rid of the "Service Ride Control" error message
you need to fix the problem to get rid of the error message -

check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes -

if you don't know how - go here and read the ENTIRE post -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ncluding-1985/138257-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

if you have any codes - post them here -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

----------

All devilles have fake wood. Those years have two different colours. There was the normal dark colour and very light stuff that only some of the light tan interior cars got.
-------------------------
All devilles have fake wood
I beg to differ - the ZEBRANO wood trim is real wood - NOT wood grain plastic -

·
Registered
95 DeVille
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: "Service Ride Control"

I'm not sure I want to know what this problem is due to cost so I won't worry about it until the car does not ride like buttah... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts