Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Deville 1995
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They charge me 520 to change my gas pump and distributor is it a good price everything comes together

·
Registered
2005 Lexus LS430, 1993 Deville
181 Posts
Depends, if the fuel sending unit is in the tank and they had to drop the tank then I would say that it's def reasonable for parts and labor for everything. I am going to assume that they used aftermarket parts. Check the receipt; it should itemize everything. I am going to assume that they probably charged you 3 hours labor for everything minimum. Assuming

3 hours labor $75 and hour= $225
Parts= $ 269
Tax= $26 (5% estimate)

I would say it sounds about right.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
$520 for parts and labor to change a distributor & fuel pump does not sound out of line to me.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Sounds like an alright price. Both the fuel pump and distributor can be a few hundred bucks each depending on what brand they used and you have to drop the tank to change the pump. Depending on where you are replacing the fuel pump can cost close to that alone.

·
Registered
Deville 1995
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank Yall for yall help I already got my car is running good now the parts are new it was like 4 hour labor to 5 hours and he said I need to get my electric cables fix because he found rat poop in their and bites on wires where can I take it to get wires replace??? And it was the rotor and cap from the distributor

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,270 Posts
Thank Yall for yall help I already got my car is running good now the parts are new it was like 4 hour labor to 5 hours and he said I need to get my electric cables fix because he found rat poop in their and bites on wires where can I take it to get wires replace??? And it was the rotor and cap from the distributor
----------------------------
it was the rotor and cap from the distributor
that changes everything - they did you no favors -

you can buy a high quality cap and rotor for less than $25 -
and it takes less than an hour to install -
including swapping the coil - and a 20 minute coffee break -

and you can buy a complete AIRTEX
fuel pump/sending unit/float/screen assembly for less then $120 -

-----------------------

where can I take it to get wires replace?
impossible to suggest a shop -
when we have no idea where you live -

·
Registered
Deville 1995
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
basscatt said:
---------------------------- it was the rotor and cap from the distributor that changes everything - they did you no favors - you can buy a high quality cap and rotor for less than $25 - and it takes less than an hour to install - including swapping the coil - and a 20 minute coffee break - and you can buy a complete AIRTEX fuel pump/sending unit/float/screen assembly for less then $120 - ----------------------- where can I take it to get wires replace? impossible to suggest a shop - when we have no idea where you live -
cap and rotor and fuel pump so they didn't rip me off and Houston

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,270 Posts
cap and rotor and fuel pump so they didn't rip me off and Houston
-----------------------------

so they didn't rip me off
well - let's put it this way -
I wouldn't go back for any additional work -

you could have purchased high quality parts for less than $150 -

and it couldn't have taken the shop