Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here's the story.. Sunday I was headed on a short trip.. running into the office on Sunday PM.. car ran great.. It was clear and about 30-32 degrees.. Got to my office fine. it's about a 25 mile drive. Stayed about 30 minutes.. then headed home. I had been driving for about 10 minutes when the car shut off.. motor just shut down.. I coasted to the side of the road and stopped the car.. I did not expect the car to restart.. but it did.. just like nothing had ever happened. well I drove home.. no more problems... Drove the car to work on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday AM.... no problems... BUT then on my way home Wednesday night it was warner.. about 45 or so and raining... car died about a mile from my office.. It did not restart untill about the 4th try.. them it ran a little ruff for a second.. them smoothed out and ran fine.... I started off again only to have it die about 1/2 a mile down the road..... just before I got on a long sky-ramp.. with a very small sholder.. I stopped there and had it towed to the dealer.. OH I forgot.. No lights on the dash.. no nasty messages.. NOTHING>>>>

NOW... the dealer says.. runs fine for them.. They can'tfind the problem..

HELP!! what do I do....?

Anyone else out there had the same type of problem on a 94, 95 Deville??

Thanks for your help!

DC-in-MD

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
That sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Did you run any injector cleaner, or any additive through the gas tank recently? Also, it might be a good idea to change your fuel filter. Always remember to depressurize the fuel system when you do this, unless you are looking foward to a gasoline shower.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
So you are saying that the lights on the dash "went out", meaning it was pitch black??

If so, my grandparents had a similar problem with their car... The alternator died, and it completely died in downtown indianapolis...... Fortunately it was at night and there wasnt very many people out....

Whatever the case is, check the codes by pressing OFF and WARMER and recording the codes......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
elwesso