Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995 cadillac deville
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guros i need your help if this problem can be solve or not. I took my 1995 cadillac deville to auto repair shop and i was told that my Rear Air Compressor would not turn on . Would this mean replacement or could this air compressor be repair. thanks

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,287 Posts
Re: Rear Air compressor

hello guros i need your help if this problem can be solve or not. I took my 1995 cadillac deville to auto repair shop and i was told that my Rear Air Compressor would not turn on . Would this mean replacement or could this air compressor be repair. thanks
=======================
we would need a LOT more - specific - information -

is the compressor getting power?

---------------------

in the mean time -
you could install a Monroe manual-fill kit to control the ride-height

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts

Yeah, it could be a bad sensor/switch, disconnected wire, bad compressor, blown or removed fuse.

·
Registered
1995 cadillac deville
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

sorry for late reply i was out of town, any way and thanks guys for your reply. the mechanic told me that the rear compressor would not turn on and also i would needs two rear struts. i guess when he told me it would not turn on,my impression was there is no power on the compressor.could please tell me where the switch/sensor and fuse located also how to disconnected the wire. would this compressor can be Repair or NOT thanks again

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
When you turn the car o the ELC runs through a test cycle after about 30 seconds for a short bit.
If it doesn't do this there is an issue with it, if it does points towards ride height sensor(they go bad).
You do not have struts in the rear, shocks.

·
Registered
1995 cadillac deville
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

thanks rodnok01 for your response . its a shock and not struts. pardon my ignorance i was just relying of what the mechanic told me, that the problem is my rea air compressor, that it would not turn on and plus i will need two shocks , anyway could please tell the meaning of ECL and i will try a test cycle. thank again

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,287 Posts

thanks rodnok01 for your response . its a shock and not struts. pardon my ignorance i was just relying of what the mechanic told me, that the problem is my rea air compressor, that it would not turn on and plus i will need two shocks , anyway could please tell the meaning of ECL and i will try a test cycle. thank again
=====================
could please tell the meaning of ECL
ELC = Electronic Level Control -

i will try a test cycle.
in a quiet area -
turn the ignition switch to ON -
no need to start the motor -

within a couple seconds -
you should hear the air compressor run for 5 to 10 seconds - and turn off -

------------------------

·
Registered