Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
none
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, there is a1995 Deville for sale about 200 miles from me. The owner is an older lady who needs a smaller car. She is the 2nd owner. The car has 145,000 miles and appears to be in good shape. The heater was recently replaced. Is $1500 a fair price? Should I be worried about anything? She thinks it does have the 4.6 in it. Is that a cause for concern at all? I drive about 15-20 miles a day in town and would probably not drive any further than 200 miles in the Deville since I have three kids all in car seats. Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
If the car is overall in a good condition with no mechanical malfunctions, that's a good deal. Learn how to pull codes, and test drive the car as long as you can, hard. Give it a few WOT's. Observe for any abnormal symptoms (i.e. temperature rising). Search a lot around this forum and gather basic info about the car and its common problems.

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
It depends if you are in the rust belt or not. Those old ladies keep the interiors nice and clean but they don't lay under the car and wash the calcium chloride from the underside. Some parts of the country don't have to worry about stupid crap like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts