Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1995 STS with 44,000 miles on it. sometimes when I first start it a message comes on the display saying the traction control is not engaged. The manual says to take it in to the dealer, is this right?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Well, your gonna want to check your diagnostic codes....

Turn the ignition on, press OFF and WARMER at the same time, and then there will be codes that will start flashing on the display... Write them down and then post them here....

Welcome to the forums.... Thanks for signing up :wave: Looks like you got ahold of a real low mileage gem.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did as you suggested and got the following readings no PCM,IPC,ACP,SIR THE ONLY READING IT SHOWED WAS TO27 CURRENT AND TO25 HISTORY

elwesso said:
Well, your gonna want to check your diagnostic codes....

Turn the ignition on, press OFF and WARMER at the same time, and then there will be codes that will start flashing on the display... Write them down and then post them here....

Welcome to the forums.... Thanks for signing up :wave: Looks like you got ahold of a real low mileage gem.....

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Both codes deal with the LF wheel sensor... Looks like youll wanna replace it.... I highly recommend getting a factory service manual from www.helminc.com

you can find the codes exact meaning by going to http://209.145.176.7/~090/awh/dtcobd1.html

I highly recommend bookmarking this site!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I'll deal with it, how urgent a problem do I have as in to I have to get it service before I drive it on a 1-200 mile trip I taking this Saturday or is next week okay. If you ever have a problem with the windows or electrical of the windows, please feel free to contact me. I use to own my own Auto Glass shop and now work for a Glass Company. I have been around car window problems since the mid 60's and still have one of my old mechanics working with me. Yhanks again for the help

elwesso said:
Both codes deal with the LF wheel sensor... Looks like youll wanna replace it.... I highly recommend getting a factory service manual from www.helminc.com

you can find the codes exact meaning by going to http://209.145.176.7/~090/awh/dtcobd1.html

I highly recommend bookmarking this site!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I woudlnt worry about it.... All it means is that traction is disabled (burnout madness?? :D ).... However, I think that means that the tranny starts in 2nd, instead of 1st.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
DMG489 said:
Just bought a 1995 STS with 44,000 miles on it. sometimes when I first start it a message comes on the display saying the traction control is not engaged. The manual says to take it in to the dealer, is this right?
I just bought a 95 STS myself with 60000 miles and my traction control has been disabled too! Guess we'll both have to check the codes. Does it really make the car start in 2nd?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys. I've got '95 STS and problem with traction controll. The onboard display (and code reader) gives me codes I032 and P137 which mean the same thing - ABS/TCA data loss. Any experiance or suggestions for this problem ????

·
Registered
577 Posts
mkfailai said:
Hey guys. I've got '95 STS and problem with traction controll. The onboard display (and code reader) gives me codes I032 and P137 which mean the same thing - ABS/TCA data loss. Any experiance or suggestions for this problem ????
I recall the code I032 could have happened because of the battery disconnection. It will clear automatically after some time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It did clear, but P-137 is stil there. any ideas or suggestions ? I've tried to acces the system and override it , but all I find is TCS DATA LOSS and can not go into the "subdirectories" deeper .... :banghead:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts